Monday, June 16, 2014

1 + 1 equals....FIVE??

Yes, you read that right. 1 + 1 equals 5 -- at least for us!
At just over 14 weeks along, I'm finally able to comfortably make the announcement and Matthew, Tylee and I are expecting babies number 2 AND 3 this winter! That's right, twins - which would take us from a family of 3 straight to a family of 5! WHAT?

Yeah, I can still hardly believe it... I mean, I was more than elated if we were able to expect just one baby - but, now we get blessed with TWO tiny miracles? Wow. What have I done in this life to be chosen for such an honor? While I wrack my brain for an answer to that question.. I'll be pretty busy trying to wrap my head around having a busy 3 year old and two newborns all at once. Though, I'm pretty terrified that I'll be TERRIBLE at this job - I can't wait to see what the near future holds!

So, here is the proof that we're really seeing two beautiful heartbeats, heads, hands, feet and little perfect bodies...
I mean, come on.. what is more magical than that?? AHHHH I am just having a proud mommy moment right now <3

Okay, let's rewind a little bit. The last time you heard from me, I was having a bit of a pity party for myself, to the point that I actually suggested that I needed to take more time to really repent for my shortcomings to be "deserving" of this beautiful blessing.. Well, let me just tell you, I can attest to the fact that I was a bit delusional. 

On an intellectual level, I know that everything is all in the Lord's time...but until you're given the chance to truly look back with that 20/20 vision, you can't exactly grasp just how important it is to more than just "know" that everything is in His hands.

Now that I am the product of this - and quite frankly sitting here still in complete shock - I can officially say that The Lord has taught me a valuable and important lesson. Patience and trust.

So simple, and yet? So hard for me to take hold of, until I am faced with the reality that my prayers really were answered, and He really did hear me.. and most of all, He really does love me. He loves me. That sentence alone is so powerful. The Lord loves me enough to trust me with two more of His precious Spirits... oh. my. goodness. That's amazing!

I am amazed at the love that He offers me. 

At the hope that my Heavenly Father knows me.

That He trusts me to love His children, as He loves and knows me.

I think I can trust myself with these gorgeous babies too... if He believes I can do it, then that's more than enough proof that I can! 

I just know it!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment